To celebrate the long tradition of magnetic resonance at the University of Windsor, and to highlight the forthcoming he 21st annual MOOT NMR Mini-Symposium, a series of seminars take place leading up to the meeting, featuring:
- Sept. 5, 2008 - Joel Tang, Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry, University of Windsor. Title: "Ultra-Wideline Solid-State NMR Spectroscopy and its Application in Characterizing Inorganic and Organometallic Complexes"
- Sept. 12, 2008 - Paul Ellis, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richmond, WA. Title: "Investigating the Metal Binding Sites in Zinc and Magnesium Metalloproteins Utilizing Low Temperature Solid-State NMR Spectroscopy. "
- Sept. 26, 2008 - Michele Auger, Department de Chimie, Universite Laval. Title: "Title: Deciphering the secrets of novel antimicrobial agents and spider silk: A solid-state NMR investigation"
- October 3, 2008 - Paul Hazendonk, Department of Chemistry, University of Lethbridge.
- October 4-5, 2008 - 21st MOOT NMR Mini-Symposium
All seminars are at 3:00 p.m. in 186 Essex Hall.